« Home | move over tiger woods » | why, why, why? » | laugh at these, you will » | er » | mexican, of course » | touchdown » | can you hear me now?? » | what to blog about???? » | response » | i'm back »

sisterhood of the traveling purse

It's my turn....with the purse, that is. You may have seen the movie "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." Well, we have a purse. Try and find a pair of jeans that really fit everyone.....yeah, right! In recent years, some of our friends have moved to locations other than Atlanta, imagine that! Moving this purse around from person to person kind of keeps us connected. Sure, we email and talk on the phone, but this is different. Traveling with the purse is a journal. In it we are to write about what has happened to us while we have the purse. We are to include something that God has taught us, something that made us laugh and something that made us cry. It's neat to see where God has taken each one of us and what has been going on in our lives. Plus the purse is kind of cute. Ok, so most people don't think that I would carry such a cute purse. Especially since I tend to carry the Target special. But I kind of enjoy it. It makes me think of my friends and how much they mean to me.

Whether it's this group of friends or other great friends that I have, don't we all carry a part of our friends around with us? True, you don't have to have a purse to be reminded of your friends daily. It could be a phone call while driving down the road, or a song on the radio that reminds me of all the great friendships that God has given to me. And it is just that...... God gave these friendships to me. It's nothing that I have done. I don't deserve friends any more than the next person. But I am so grateful for the friends that God has brought into my life. I even have a couple of relatives that are friends..... a sister and an aunt-in-law. Anyway, I'm just thankful to God for the people that God has placed in my life.


We really don't stop and thank God enough for our friendships - both old and new! What a great reminder that we really do have alot to be thankful for! Beth

Without my friends I wouldn't have been able to walk through the valleys this year. I thank God for my friends....my sisters in Christ.

Love ya

Okay, I'm not even going to try to understand the "purse" thing. But...what's with the picture of Rachel Ray?

I want the "faux" leather "Brighton look-alike" belt on the purse to be adjusted upward - more to the center of the belt loops. It worries me riding down like that. Could not let it go down without a concern!

Sounds like someone is jealous they don't get to use 'the purse.' Come on...if you're going to leave a critical comment like that, at least identify yourself...

Now, now.... everything is ok. The post regarding the adjustment of the belt was from a fellow purse carrier and was meant in jest. No harm.

Actually the post on the adjustment of the belt is not from a fellow purse carrier - "CLOSE", but no cigar!!

ok.....I've got it.....it is from someone who co-habitates with a fellow purse carrier.....

And was done by Colonel Mustand with a Candlestick in the bedroom.....

Did not have to give you but one "CLUE" for you to figure me out! Thanks for providing my entertainment for the day!!

Wow - what fun - I was trying to figure that one out myself.

Yep - we have some fun in our little blogging community!!

#2

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Cantini #3
  • From Georgia, United States
  • I'm just an ordinary girl with a busy life. I have a wonderful husband and two great boys who keep me entertained at all times. Life is never dull. My boys are 6 and 4. I hate doing the housework, especailly putting away the laundry and emptying the dishwasher...but somebody has to do it! I also hate to cook, so I don't do it as much as I should. My husband is an awesome cook, thank goodness. My kids are the smartest and the cutest kids in the world. I work at my church and love my job. I have the absolute best friends, who are my sistahs! God always provides for our every need and for that I am grateful.
My profile