« Home | laugh at these, you will » | er » | mexican, of course » | touchdown » | can you hear me now?? » | what to blog about???? » | response » | i'm back » | party like it's your birthday » | i'm tired »

why, why, why?

First....thanks Tracey for getting the title of my previous blog.

Second, there are several things that I do know how to explain. On the way home from school today, it was Q & A time with Mommy. Here are a few examples:

What are the clouds made of?
Why are they white?
Why do they turn dark?
How does God make a rainbow?
How many rainbows have you seen?
Where do they start and end?
How do clouds hold the rain?
Why does the sun follow us everywhere?

These are just a few. Try explaining condensation to a 5 year old. Not as easy as you think. I actually have no idea what clouds are made of..... that is what the internet is for! So tonight, we are going to try and find the answers to all these questions.

Then..... Parker asks if I'm going to have a baby...... ok, no! He said that because I'm a girl, I should have a baby.... ok, no! Then he says that he is going to have a baby. There goes the girl theory, right?

Aubrey has is first loose tooth. Not the silver ones. He should totally get a lot of $$ from the tooth fairy on that one, right? He then had more questions about the tooth fairy:

Where does the tooth fairy live?
What happens if a wake up when she is putting the money under my pillow.
What does she look like?
Where does she get the money from?

I tried to come up with some creative answers: The tooth fairy lives in a house in a secret place. I don't know what she looks like because she only comes out when you are asleep. If you wake up, she leaves. She trades in your teeth for the money. That is where he came up with the idea of getting a lot of money for his silver teeth. Very bright child.

Precious! I miss those days. One night I had already put Zack to bed (he was about 5) and I went downstairs and got a kosher dill pickle (love those!). He called me in his room, so I put it behind my back and he then told me he smelled pickles! He wanted one, but I told him it was too late, that he couldn't have one, so he replied with "well, how does the pickle know what time it is?" Too funny!

I love those questions Michelle! Kids are just so refreshing. Here's a story from me though...Imagine you are staying at Bubba and Cindy's with their kids when there were about 4 or 5 still home. Luke, the next to the last one, had a tooth under his pillow for about 3 nights, but never bothered to tell anyone that could do anything about it...(me)...so about the 3rd morning, he woke up, lifted up his pillow and said, "DARN...she didn't come AGAIN!!!" I felt like crud, but there is no way I would have known that! I giggled, but I felt bad and I DO believe she came that very night! I just love the way kids minds work...and Tracey, if you read this, I LOVE the story you shared here too! Zack has always been funny!

Oh come on boys! Ask mommy where babies come from!

and lolol about the pickle!! I'm making brownies right now. I wanted chocolate before bed. A few nights ago, I was making cookies and I accidentally dropped half of them on the floor so there were only about 6 left. My daughters swiped 4 of them and my husband swiped the last 2 before I noticed and he had the last one in his mouth. Those were MOMMY'S SPECIAL OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - for mommy only! And mommy didn't even get ONE! So the kids are going to be told "there's nuts in them" when they ask about the dark chocolate brownies. lol

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Cantini #3
  • From Georgia, United States
  • I'm just an ordinary girl with a busy life. I have a wonderful husband and two great boys who keep me entertained at all times. Life is never dull. My boys are 6 and 4. I hate doing the housework, especailly putting away the laundry and emptying the dishwasher...but somebody has to do it! I also hate to cook, so I don't do it as much as I should. My husband is an awesome cook, thank goodness. My kids are the smartest and the cutest kids in the world. I work at my church and love my job. I have the absolute best friends, who are my sistahs! God always provides for our every need and for that I am grateful.
My profile